Tuesday

Welcome to Astro Skies!

Know thyself - more than a thousand years after these words were encrypted into Delphos' temple in Ancient Greece, the expression makes more sense than ever.

The world we live in is in constant change and social and economic upheaval, asking us to adapt to these developments, to accommodate to what is considered normal and to step up to the next level of competence, ability and brilliance.

We want to be prepared for these demands and to fulfill our whole potential. We want to deal more easily with our insecurities and weak spots and we want to make the most of our qualities. We also want to know why certain things happen to us, why we react in a particular way, how we can start acting differently...

Astrology is one of the ways we can do this because it allows us to get to know our inner nature. It can warn us of some of the unbalances within ourselves and the way we can deal with them more constructively. Astrology provides us with a new perspective over the challenges and crises we're faced with and it gives us an original way of looking at our lives.

In my study of Psychology and Counselling, the links between these disciplines and Astrology were evident, which made me think of how much they could both benefit if they weren't abruptly separated by the scientific authorities that reject the use of Astrology.

So I decided that if I brought these two systems together and possibly came up with something more complete and holistic, I could probably help more people. Psychological Astrology is an area that some of the greatest astrologers such as Liz Greene and Stephen Arroyo work on. This is my take on the subject.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah. All I can say right now is: I am so glad you've come. Yay!
My new year's resolution of going to bed early is going very badly, lol. Oh well, there's always February!

Violet said...

:D This is really cool! Congratulations on the birth of the site :) Have you done it's chart?

Niall young said...

Happy birthday Astro Skies! So good to be here at the beginning of what I hope will be a great adventure and a huge sucess!!

Scholiast said...

hmmm. your welcome post was written on my birthday. is that a sign? lol ;) as you already know I'm a sceptic, but I sometimes still wonder...

Anonymous said...

Niall, great work to you too, on the banner!

Diane L said...

I seriously envy you the amazing photo on your site!! And wish you the greatest success in your new venture!! This is very well organized and presented too as one progressed Sun in Capricorn to another . . . :-)

Anonymous said...

Parabéns :) estou mt contente por teres um projecto novo :) é bom qd investimos em alguma coisa de que realmente gostamos :))))

madelyn said...

my goodness this is stunning
~ just so beautiful!

And what a perfect marriage
psychology and astrology and
your unusual and rare
intuition...

I love this business and
would be so honored to
link you ~ do you have
an icon for your site?

Anonymous said...

Hey there, I just found you, featured you on the Top 10 list here:
http://www.toptensources.com/topten/Astrology-News

Welcome to the astro-blogosphere! :-)

murat11 said...

AS: During my years as a therapist, I found astrological charts much more helpful and revealing than the standard-fare pysch evals.

Anonymous said...

Great post. Looking forward to the next.

Anonymous said...

I really respect what you’re providing here. Keep going that way. Take care!

astro skies said...

Thank you Anonymous, I really appreciate your kind words. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for having written this. That’s the most full entry I have found on this topic.